PaparazzMe Terms of Service
Last Updated: 3/2/20
These Terms of Service constitute a legally binding agreement (the “Agreement”) between you and PaparazzMe, Corp., its subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, officers and directors (collectively, “PaparazzMe,” “we,” “us” or “our”) governing your use of the PaparazzMe application, website, and technology platform (collectively, the “PaparazzMe Platform”).
PLEASE BE ADVISED: THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS PROVISIONS THAT GOVERN HOW CLAIMS BETWEEN YOU AND PAPARAZZME CAN BE BROUGHT (SEE SECTION 17 BELOW). THESE PROVISIONS WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION, REQUIRE YOU TO SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST PAPARAZZME TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS, GROUP OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. AS A PAPARAZZO OR PAPARAZZO APPLICANT, YOU HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO OPT OUT OF ARBITRATION WITH RESPECT TO CERTAIN CLAIMS AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 17.
By entering into this Agreement, and/or by using or accessing the PaparazzMe Platform you expressly acknowledge that you understand this Agreement (including the dispute resolution and arbitration provisions in Section 17) and accept all of its terms. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS THE PAPARAZZME PLATFORM OR ANY OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THE PAPARAZZME PLATFORM. If you use the PaparazzMe Platform in another country, you agree to be subject to PaparazzMe‘s terms of service for that country.
The PaparazzMe Platform
The PaparazzMe Platform provides a marketplace where persons who seek photography and video production services (“Users”) can be matched with freelance photographers and video producers. Individuals and business customers are collectively referred to herein as “Users,” and the photography and video production services provided by Paparazzi to Users shall be referred to herein as “Photography Services.” As a User, you authorize PaparazzMe to match you with a Paparazzo based on factors such as your location, photo shoot type, paparazzo equipment, user preferences, and platform efficiency, and to cancel an existing match and rematch based on the same considerations. Any decision by a User to offer or accept Photography Services is a decision made in such User’s sole discretion. Each Photography Service provided by a Paparazzo to a User shall constitute a separate agreement between such persons.
In certain markets, Users may have the option to purchase post-production editing or retouching services through the PaparazzMe Platform. In some markets these services may be owned by PaparazzMe. Additional services through the PaparazzMe Platform may be subject to additional agreements between you and PaparazzMe and third parties as applicable to the particular market (“Supplemental Agreements”). Please review any applicable Supplemental Agreements carefully. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF A SUPPLEMENTAL AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES IN SUCH MARKET. In the event of any conflict between this Agreement and the terms and conditions of any Supplemental Agreement, the terms of this agreement shall control.
Modification to the Agreement
PaparazzMe reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement, such modifications shall be binding on you only upon your acceptance of the modified Agreement. PaparazzMe reserves the right to modify any information on pages referenced in the hyperlinks from this Agreement from time to time, and such modifications shall become effective upon posting. Continued use of the PaparazzMe Platform or Photography Services after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. Unless material changes are made to the arbitration provisions herein, you agree that modification of this Agreement does not create a renewed opportunity to opt out of arbitration (if applicable).
The PaparazzMe Platform may only be used by individuals who have the right and authority to enter into this Agreement, are fully able and competent to satisfy the terms, conditions, and obligations herein. The PaparazzMe Platform is not available to Users who have had their User account temporarily or permanently deactivated. You may not allow other persons to use your User account, and you agree that you are the sole authorized user of your account. To use the PaparazzMe Platform, each User shall create a User account. Each person may only create one User account, and PaparazzMe reserves the right to deactivate any additional or duplicate accounts. By becoming a User, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old.
As a User, you understand that request or use of Photography Services may result in charges to you (“Charges”). Charges related to post-production services are addressed in the applicable Supplemental Agreement. Charges for Photography Services include surcharges, and taxes. You are responsible for reviewing the price quote within the PaparazzMe app and shall be responsible for all Charges incurred under your User account regardless of your awareness of such Charges or the amounts thereof.
Fees. There are two types of fees, variable and quoted.
- Variable Fees. Variable fees consist of a base charge and incremental charges based on the duration and distance of your shoot. For particularly short shoots, minimum fees may apply. Please note that we use GPS data from your Paparazzo’s phone to calculate the distance traveled to your shoot. We cannot guarantee the availability or accuracy of GPS data. If we lose signal we will calculate time and distance using available data from your shoot.
- Quoted Fees. In some cases, PaparazzMe may quote you a Fee at the time of your request. The quote is subject to change until the shoot request is confirmed. If during your shoot you change the scope, extend the time, or attempt to abuse the PaparazzMe Platform, we may cancel the fee quote and charge you a variable fee based on the actual parameters of your shoot. PaparazzMe does not guarantee that the quoted fee price will be equal to a variable fee for the same shoot. Quoted Fees may include the Fees and Other Charges below, as applicable.
Fees and Other Charges.
- Service Fee. You may be charged a “Service Fee” for each shoot as set forth on the applicable PaparazzMe Cities page.
- Cancellation Fee. After requesting a shoot you may cancel it through the app, but note that in certain cases a cancellation fee may apply. You may also be charged if you fail to show up after requesting a shoot. Please check out our Help Center to learn more about PaparazzMe’s cancellation policy, including applicable fees.
- Damage Fee. If a Paparazzo reports that you have materially damaged the Paparazzo‘s equipment, you agree to pay a “Damage Fee” of up to $250 depending on the extent of the damage (as determined by PaparazzMe in its sole discretion), towards camera repair. PaparazzMe reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify or otherwise require documentation of damages prior to processing the Damage Fee.
- Tolls. In some instances tolls (or return tolls) may apply to your shoot. Please see our Help Center and your market’s PaparazzMe Cities page for more information about toll charges and a list of applicable tolls and return charges. We do not guarantee that the amount charged by PaparazzMe will match the toll charged to the Paparazzo, if any.
- Other Charges. Other fee and surcharges may apply to your shoot, including: actual or anticipated airport fees, state or local fees, or event fees as determined by PaparazzMe or its marketing partners. In addition, where required by law PaparazzMe will collect applicable taxes. See your market’s PaparazzMe Cities page for details on other Charges that may apply to your shoot.
- Tips. Following a shoot, you may elect to tip your Paparazzo in cash or through the PaparazzMe application. You may also elect to set a default tip amount or percentage through the app; Any tips will be provided entirely to the applicable Paparazzo.
- Facilitation of Charges. All Charges are facilitated through a third-party payment processor (e.g., First Data, Stripe, Inc., or Braintree, a division of PayPal, Inc.). PaparazzMe may replace its third-party payment processor without notice to you. Charges shall only be made through the PaparazzMe Platform. With the exception of tips, cash payments are strictly prohibited. Your payment of Charges to PaparazzMe satisfies your payment obligation for your use of the PaparazzMe Platform and Photography Services. PaparazzMe may group multiple charges into a single aggregate transaction on your payment method based on the date(s) they were incurred. If you don’t recognize a transaction, then check your shoot receipts and payment history.
- No Refunds. All Charges are non-refundable. This no-refund policy shall apply at all times regardless of your decision to terminate usage of the PaparazzMe Platform, any disruption to the PaparazzMe Platform or Photography Services, or any other reason whatsoever.
- Coupons. You may receive coupons that you can apply toward payment of certain Charges upon completion of a Shoot. Coupons are only valid for use on the PaparazzMe Platform, and are not transferable or redeemable for cash except as required by law. Coupons cannot be combined, and if the cost of your shoot exceeds the applicable credit or discount value we will charge your payment method on file for the outstanding cost of the Shoot. For quoted or variable fees, PaparazzMe may deduct the amount attributable to the Service Fee, Tolls, or Other Charges before application of the coupon. Additional restrictions on coupons may apply as communicated to you in a relevant promotion or by clicking on the relevant coupon within the Promotions section of the PaparazzMe App.
- Credit Card Authorization. Upon addition of a new payment method or each shoot request, PaparazzMe may seek authorization of your selected payment method to verify the payment method, ensure the shoot cost will be covered, and protect against unauthorized behavior. The authorization is not a charge, however, it may reduce your available credit by the authorization amount until your bank’s next processing cycle. Should the amount of our authorization exceed the total funds on deposit in your account, you may be subject to overdraft of NSF charges by the bank issuing your debit or prepaid card. We cannot be held responsible for these charges and are unable to assist you in recovering them from your issuing bank. Check out our Help Center to learn more about our use of pre-authorization holds.
If you are a Paparazzo, you will receive payment for your provision of Photography Services pursuant to the terms of the Paparazzo Addendum, which shall form part of this Agreement between you and PaparazzMe.
By entering into this Agreement or using the PaparazzMe Platform, you agree to receive communications from us, including via e-mail, text message, calls, and push notifications. You agree that texts, calls or prerecorded messages may be generated by automatic telephone dialing systems. Communications from PaparazzMe, its affiliated companies and/or Paparazzi, may include but are not limited to: operational communications concerning your User account or use of the PaparazzMe Platform or Photography Services, updates concerning new and existing features on the PaparazzMe Platform, communications concerning promotions run by us or our third-party partners, and news concerning PaparazzMe and industry developments. Standard text messaging charges applied by your cell phone carrier will apply to text messages we send.
IF YOU WISH TO OPT OUT OF PROMOTIONAL EMAILS, YOU CAN UNSUBSCRIBE FROM OUR PROMOTIONAL EMAIL LIST BY FOLLOWING THE UNSUBSCRIBE OPTIONS IN THE PROMOTIONAL EMAIL ITSELF. IF YOU WISH TO OPT OUT OF PROMOTIONAL CALLS OR TEXTS, YOU MAY TEXT “END” TO 46080 FROM THE MOBILE DEVICE RECEIVING THE MESSAGES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO CONSENT TO RECEIVE PROMOTIONAL TEXTS OR CALLS AS A CONDITION OF USING THE PAPARAZZME PLATFORM OR RELATED SERVICES. IF YOU WISH TO OPT OUT OF ALL TEXTS OR CALLS FROM PAPARAZZME (INCLUDING OPERATIONAL OR TRANSACTIONAL TEXTS OR CALLS), YOU CAN TEXT THE WORD “STOPALL” TO 46080 FROM THE MOBILE DEVICE RECEIVING THE MESSAGES, HOWEVER YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT OPTING OUT OF RECEIVING ALL TEXTS MAY IMPACT YOUR USE OF THE PAPARAZZME PLATFORM OR RELATED SERVICES.
Promotions, Referrals, and Loyalty Programs
PaparazzMe, at its sole discretion, may make available promotions, referral programs and loyalty programs with different features to any Users or prospective Users. These promotions and programs, unless made to you, shall have no bearing whatsoever on your Agreement or relationship with PaparazzMe. PaparazzMe reserves the right to withhold or deduct credits or benefits obtained through a promotion or program in the event that PaparazzMe determines or believes that the redemption of the promotion or receipt of the credit or benefit was in error, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of the applicable promotion or program terms or this Agreement. PaparazzMe reserves the right to terminate, discontinue or cancel any promotions or programs at any time and in its sole discretion without notice to you.
Currently, PaparazzMe‘s referral program (“Referral Program”) provides you with incentives to refer your friends and family to become new Users of the PaparazzMe Platform in your country (the “Referral Program”). Your participation in the Referral Program is subject to this Agreement and the additional Referral Program rules.
With respect to your use of the PaparazzMe Platform and your participation in the Photography Services, you agree that you will not:
- impersonate any person or entity;
- stalk, threaten, or otherwise harass any person, or carry any weapons;
- violate any law, statute, rule, permit, ordinance or regulation;
- interfere with or disrupt the PaparazzMe Platform or the servers or networks connected to the PaparazzMe Platform;
- post Information or interact on the PaparazzMe Platform or Photography Services in a manner which is fraudulent, libelous, abusive, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, harassing, or illegal;
- use the PaparazzMe Platform in any way that infringes any third party’s rights, including: intellectual property rights, copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- post, email or otherwise transmit any malicious code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of the PaparazzMe Platform or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the PaparazzMe Platform;
- “frame” or “mirror” any part of the PaparazzMe Platform, without our prior written authorization or use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to us in order to direct any person to any other web site for any purpose;
- modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the PaparazzMe Platform;
- rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute, license or sublicense the PaparazzMe Platform or access to any portion of the PaparazzMe Platform;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, scrape, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the PaparazzMe Platform or its contents;
- link directly or indirectly to any other web sites;
- transfer or sell your User account, password and/or identification, or any other User’s Information to any other party;
- discriminate against or harass anyone on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age or sexual orientation;
- violate any of the Referral Program rules if you participate in the Referral Program; or
- cause any third party to engage in the restricted activities above.
Paparazzo Representations, Warranties and Agreements
By providing Photography Services as a Paparazzo on the PaparazzMe Platform, you represent, warrant, and agree that:
- You own, or have access to a digital camera in good operating condition.
- You will not engage in reckless behavior while engaged in a shoot, permit an unauthorized third party to accompany you while providing Photography Services, provide Services as a Paparazzo while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or take action that harms or threatens to harm the safety of the PaparazzMe community or third parties.
- You will only provide Photography Services using the camera that has been reported to, and approved by PaparazzMe, and for which a photograph has been provided to PaparazzMe.
- You will not, while providing the Photography Services, charge for shoots (except as expressly provided in this Agreement), demand that a User pay in cash, or use a credit card reader, such as a Square Reader, to accept payment or engage in any other activity in a manner that is inconsistent with your obligations under this Agreement.
- You will not attempt to defraud PaparazzMe or Users on the PaparazzMe Platform or in connection with your provision of Photography Services. If we suspect that you have engaged in fraudulent activity we may withhold applicable Fees or other payments for the shoot(s) in question and take any other action against you available under the law.
- You will not discriminate against Users with disabilities and agree to review PaparazzMe‘s Anti-Discrimination Policies. You will make responsible accommodation as required by law.
- You agree that we may obtain information about you, including your criminal records, and you agree to provide any further necessary authorizations to facilitate our access to such records during the term of the Agreement.
- You will pay all applicable federal, state and local taxes based on your provision of Photography Services and any payments received by you.
All intellectual property rights in the PaparazzMe Platform shall be owned by PaparazzMe absolutely and in their entirety. These rights include database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights wherever existing in the world together with the right to apply for protection of the same. All other trademarks, logos, service marks, company or product names set forth in the PaparazzMe Platform are the property of their respective owners. You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information (“Submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of PaparazzMe. PaparazzMe shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
PAPARAZZME and other PaparazzMe logos, designs, graphics, icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of PaparazzMe in the United States and/or other countries (collectively, the “PaparazzMe Marks”). If you provide Photography Services as a Paparazzo, PaparazzMe grants to you, during the term of this Agreement, and subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to display and use the PaparazzMe Marks solely on the PaparazzMe stickers/decals, and any other PaparazzMe-Branded items provided by PaparazzMe directly to you in connection with providing the Photography Services (“License”). The License is non-transferable and non-assignable, and you shall not grant to any third party any right, permission, license or sublicense with respect to any of the rights granted hereunder without PaparazzMe’s prior written permission, which it may withhold in its sole discretion. The PaparazzMe logo (or any PaparazzMe Marks) may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion, including but not limited to: use of a PaparazzMe Mark in a domain name or PaparazzMe referral code, or use of a PaparazzMe Mark as a social media handle or name, avatar, profile photo, icon, favicon, or banner. You may identify yourself as a Paparazzo on the PaparazzMe Platform, but may not misidentify yourself as PaparazzMe, an employee of PaparazzMe, or a representative of PaparazzMe.
You acknowledge that PaparazzMe is the owner and licensor of the PaparazzMe Marks, including all goodwill associated therewith, and that your use of the PaparazzMe logo (or any PaparazzMe Marks) will confer no interest in or ownership of the PaparazzMe Marks in you but rather inures to the benefit of PaparazzMe. You agree to use the PaparazzMe logo strictly in accordance with PaparazzMe’s Trademark Usage Guidelines, as may be provided to you and revised from time to time, and to immediately cease any use that PaparazzMe determines to nonconforming or otherwise unacceptable.
You agree that you will not: (1) create any materials that use the PaparazzMe Marks or any derivatives of the PaparazzMe Marks as a trademark, service mark, trade name or trade dress, other than as expressly approved by PaparazzMe in writing; (2) use the PaparazzMe Marks in any way that tends to impair their validity as proprietary trademarks, service marks, trade names or trade dress, or use the PaparazzMe Marks other than in accordance with the terms, conditions and restrictions herein; (3) take any other action that would jeopardize or impair PaparazzMe’s rights as owner of the PaparazzMe Marks or the legality and/or enforceability of the PaparazzMe Marks, including, challenging or opposing PaparazzMe’s ownership in the PaparazzMe Marks; (4) apply for trademark registration or renewal of trademark registration of any of the PaparazzMe Marks, any derivative of the PaparazzMe Marks, any combination of the PaparazzMe Marks and any other name, or any trademark, service mark, trade name, symbol or word which is similar to the PaparazzMe Marks; (5) use the PaparazzMe Marks on or in connection with any product, service or activity that is in violation of any law, statute, government regulation or standard.
You agree you will not rent, lease, lend, sell, or otherwise redistribute the PaparazzMe Paparazzo amp, or manufacture, produce, print, sell, distribute, purchase, or display counterfeit/inauthentic PaparazzMe Paparazzo amps or other PaparazzMe Marks or (including but not limited to signage, stickers, apparel, or decals) from any source other than directly from PaparazzMe.
Violation of any provision of this License may result in immediate termination of the License, in PaparazzMe’s sole discretion, a takedown request sent to the appropriate ISP, or social media platform, and/or a Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy Proceeding (or equivalent proceeding). If you create any materials (physical or digital) bearing the PaparazzMe Marks (in violation of this Agreement or otherwise), you agree that upon their creation PaparazzMe exclusively owns all right, title and interest in and to such materials, including any modifications to the PaparazzMe Marks or derivative works based on the PaparazzMe Marks or PaparazzMe copyrights. You further agree to assign any interest or right you may have in such materials to PaparazzMe, and to provide information and execute any documents as reasonably requested by PaparazzMe to enable PaparazzMe to formalize such assignment.
PaparazzMe respects the intellectual property of others, and expects Users to do the same. If you believe, in good faith, that any materials on the PaparazzMe Platform infringe upon your copyrights, please view our Copyright Policy for information on how to make a copyright complaint.
The following disclaimers are made on behalf of PaparazzMe, our affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, successors and assigns, and each of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and shareholders.
It is up to the Paparazzo to decide whether or not to offer a shoot to a User contacted through the PaparazzMe Platform, and it is up to the User to decide whether or not to accept a shoot from any Paparazzo contacted through the PaparazzMe Platform. We cannot ensure that a Paparazzo or User will complete an arranged photography or video service. We have no control over the quality or safety that occurs as a result of the Photography Services.
The PaparazzMe Platform is provided on an “as is” basis and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. We do not guarantee and do not promise any specific results from use of the PaparazzMe Platform and/or the Photography Services, including the ability to provide or receive Photography Services at any given location or time. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Some states do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you.
We do not warrant that your use of the PaparazzMe Platform or Photography Services will be accurate, complete, reliable, current, secure, uninterrupted, always available, or error-free, or will meet your requirements, that any defects in the PaparazzMe Platform will be corrected, or that the PaparazzMe Platform is free of viruses or other harmful components. We disclaim liability for, and no warranty is made with respect to, connectivity and availability of the PaparazzMe Platform or Photography Services.
We cannot guarantee that each User is who he or she claims to be. Please use common sense when using the PaparazzMe Platform and Photography Services, including looking at the photos of the Paparazzo or User you have matched with to make sure it is the same individual you see in person. Please note that there are also risks of dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretense, and we do not accept responsibility or liability for any content, communication or other use or access of the PaparazzMe Platform by persons under the age of 18 in violation of this Agreement. We encourage you to communicate directly with each potential Paparazzo or User prior to engaging in an arranged service.
PaparazzMe is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the PaparazzMe Platform or Photography Services. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. You agree that PaparazzMe is not responsible for the acts or omissions of Users on the PaparazzMe Platform or participating in the Photography Services.
You are responsible for the use of your User account and PaparazzMe expressly disclaims any liability arising from the unauthorized use of your User account. Should you suspect that any unauthorized party may be using your User account or you suspect any other breach of security, you agree to notify us immediately.
It is possible for others to obtain information about you that you provide, publish or post to or through the PaparazzMe Platform (including any profile information you provide), send to other Users, or share during the Photography Services, and to use such information to harass or harm you. We are not responsible for the use of any personal information that you disclose to other Users on the PaparazzMe Platform or through the Photography Services. Please carefully select the type of information that you post on the PaparazzMe Platform or through the Photography Services or release to others. We disclaim all liability, regardless of the form of action, for the acts or omissions of other Users (including unauthorized users, or “hackers”).
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content concerning PaparazzMe or made available through the PaparazzMe Platform, but not directly by us, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on information or other content posted by third parties, whether on the PaparazzMe Platform or otherwise. We reserve the right, but we have no obligation, to monitor the materials posted on the PaparazzMe Platform and remove any such material that in our sole opinion violates, or is alleged to violate, the law or this agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Users or others.
Location data provided by the PaparazzMe Platform is for basic location purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon in situations where precise location information is needed or where erroneous, inaccurate or incomplete location data may lead to death, personal injury, property or environmental damage. Neither PaparazzMe, nor any of its content providers, guarantees the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness of location data tracked or displayed by the PaparazzMe Platform. Any of your Information, including geolocational data, you upload, provide, or post on the PaparazzMe Platform may be accessible to PaparazzMe and certain Users of the PaparazzMe Platform.
PaparazzMe advises you to use the PaparazzMe Platform with a data plan with unlimited or very high data usage limits, and PaparazzMe shall not responsible or liable for any fees, costs, or overage charges associated with any data plan you use to access the PaparazzMe Platform.
This paragraph applies to any version of the PaparazzMe Platform that you acquire from the Apple App Store. This Agreement is entered into between you and PaparazzMe. Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) is not a party to this Agreement and shall have no obligations with respect to the PaparazzMe Platform. PaparazzMe, not Apple, is solely responsible for the PaparazzMe Platform and the content thereof as set forth hereunder. However, Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement. Upon your acceptance of this Agreement, Apple shall have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement against you as a third party beneficiary thereof. This Agreement incorporates by reference quest casino spokane, for purposes of which, you are “the end-user.” In the event of a conflict in the terms of the Licensed Application End User License Agreement and this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement shall control.
State and Local Disclosures
Certain jurisdictions require additional disclosures to you. You can view any disclosures required by your local jurisdiction at www.PaparazzMe.com/terms/disclosures. We will update the disclosures page as jurisdictions add, remove or amend these required disclosures, so please check in regularly for updates.
You will defend, indemnify, and hold PaparazzMe including our affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, successors and assigns, and each of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, or shareholders harmless from any claims, actions, suits, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of your use of the PaparazzMe Platform and participation in the Photography Services, including: (1) your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference; (2) your violation of any law or the rights of a third party, including, Paparazzi, Users, as a result of your own interaction with such third party; (3) any allegation that any materials that you submit to us or transmit through the PaparazzMe Platform or to us infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; (4) your ownership, use or operation of a digital camera, including your provision of Photography Services as a Paparazzo; and/or (5) any other activities in connection with the Photography Services. This indemnity shall be applicable without regard to the negligence of any party, including any indemnified person.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL PAPARAZZME, INCLUDING OUR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, PARENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, AND EACH OF OUR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY “PAPARAZZME” FOR PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION), BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR DELETION, CORRUPTION, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROGRAMS, FAILURE TO STORE ANY INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY THE PAPARAZZME PLATFORM, SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS, OR FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PAPARAZZME PLATFORM, THE PHOTOGRAPHY SERVICES, OR THIS AGREEMENT, HOWEVER ARISING INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, EVEN IF WE OR OUR AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES KNOW OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE PAPARAZZME PLATFORM MAY BE USED BY YOU TO REQUEST AND SCHEDULE PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO PRODUCTION SERVICES, OR OTHER SERVICES WITH THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, BUT YOU AGREE THAT PAPARAZZME HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO YOU RELATED TO ANY PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO PRODUCTION SERVICES OR OTHER SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT. CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Term and Termination
This Agreement is effective upon your creation of a User account. This Agreement may be terminated: a) by User, without cause, upon seven (7) days’ prior written notice to PaparazzMe; or b) by either Party immediately, without notice, upon the other Party’s material breach of this Agreement, including but not limited to any breach of Section 9 or breach of Section 10(a) through (i) of this Agreement. In addition, PaparazzMe may terminate this Agreement or deactivate your User account immediately in the event: (1) you no longer qualify to provide Photography Services; (2) you fall below PaparazzMe’s star rating or cancellation threshold; (3) PaparazzMe has the good faith belief that such action is necessary to protect the safety of the PaparazzMe community or third parties, provided that in the event of a deactivation pursuant to (1)-(3) above, you will be given notice of the potential or actual deactivation and an opportunity to attempt to cure the issue to PaparazzMe’s reasonable satisfaction prior to PaparazzMe permanently terminating the Agreement. For all other breaches of this Agreement, you will be provided notice and an opportunity to cure the breach. If the breach is cured in a timely manner and to PaparazzMe’s satisfaction, this Agreement will not be permanently terminated. Sections 2, 6, 7 (with respect to the license), 11-12, 14-19, and 21 shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND ARBITRATION AGREEMENT
(a) Agreement to Binding Arbitration Between You and PaparazzMe.
YOU AND PAPARAZZME MUTUALLY AGREE TO WAIVE OUR RESPECTIVE RIGHTS TO RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES IN A COURT OF LAW BY A JUDGE OR JURY AND AGREE TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE BY ARBITRATION, as set forth below. This agreement to arbitrate (“Arbitration Agreement”) is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and survives after the Agreement terminates or your relationship with PaparazzMe ends. ANY ARBITRATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL TAKE PLACE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS; CLASS ARBITRATIONS AND CLASS ACTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED. Except as expressly provided below, this Arbitration Agreement applies to all Claims (defined below) between you and PaparazzMe, including our affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, successors and assigns, and each of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, or shareholders. This Arbitration Agreement also applies to claims between you and PaparazzMe’s service providers, including but not limited to background check providers and payment processors; and such service providers shall be considered intended third-party beneficiaries of this Arbitration Agreement.
Except as expressly provided below, ALL DISPUTES AND CLAIMS BETWEEN US (EACH A “CLAIM” AND COLLECTIVELY, “CLAIMS”) SHALL BE EXCLUSIVELY RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND PAPARAZZME. These Claims include, but are not limited to, any dispute, claim or controversy, whether based on past, present, or future events, arising out of or relating to: this Agreement and prior versions thereof (including the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof), the PaparazzMe Platform, the Photography Services, rental or use of cameras or related equipment through the PaparazzMe Platform, PaparazzMe promotions, gift card, referrals or loyalty programs, any other goods or services made available through the PaparazzMe Platform, your relationship with PaparazzMe, the threatened or actual suspension, deactivation or termination of your User Account or this Agreement, background checks performed by or on PaparazzMe’s behalf, payments made by you or any payments made or allegedly owed to you, any promotions or offers made by PaparazzMe, any city, county, state or federal wage-hour law, trade secrets, unfair competition, compensation, breaks and rest periods, expense reimbursement, wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, fraud, defamation, emotional distress, breach of any express or implied contract or covenant, claims arising under federal or state consumer protection laws; claims arising under antitrust laws, claims arising under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act; and claims arising under the Uniform Trade Secrets Act, Civil Rights Act of 1964, Americans With Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Older Workers Benefit Protection Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (except for individual claims for employee benefits under any benefit plan sponsored by PaparazzMe and covered by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 or funded by insurance), and state statutes, if any, addressing the same or similar subject matters, and all other federal and state statutory and common law claims. All disputes concerning the arbitrability of a Claim (including disputes about the scope, applicability, enforceability, revocability or validity of the Arbitration Agreement) shall be decided by the arbitrator, except as expressly provided below.
BY AGREEING TO ARBITRATION, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU AND PAPARAZZME ARE WAIVING THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT OR HAVE A JURY TRIAL FOR ALL CLAIMS, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT. This Arbitration Agreement is intended to require arbitration of every claim or dispute that can lawfully be arbitrated, except for those claims and disputes which by the terms of this Arbitration Agreement are expressly excluded from the requirement to arbitrate.
(b) Prohibition of Class Actions and Non-Individualized Relief.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU AND PAPARAZZME MAY EACH BRING CLAIMS IN ARBITRATION AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT ON A CLASS, COLLECTIVE ACTION, OR REPRESENTATIVE BASIS (“CLASS ACTION WAIVER”). YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU AND PAPARAZZME BOTH ARE WAIVING THE RIGHT TO PURSUE OR HAVE A DISPUTE RESOLVED AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS, COLLECTIVE OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THIS SUBSECTION (B) SHALL NOT APPLY TO REPRESENTATIVE PRIVATE ATTORNEYS GENERAL ACT CLAIMS BROUGHT AGAINST PAPARAZZME, WHICH ARE ADDRESSED SEPARATELY IN SECTION 17(C).
The arbitrator shall have no authority to consider or resolve any Claim or issue any relief on any basis other than an individual basis. The arbitrator shall have no authority to consider or resolve any Claim or issue any relief on a class, collective, or representative basis. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claims.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, the Arbitration Agreement or the AAA Rules, disputes regarding the scope, applicability, enforceability, revocability or validity of the Class Action Waiver may be resolved only by a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator. In any case in which: (1) the dispute is filed as a class, collective, or representative action and (2) there is a final judicial determination that the Class Action Waiver is unenforceable with respect to any Claim or any particular remedy for a Claim (such as a request for public injunctive relief), then that Claim or particular remedy (and only that Claim or particular remedy) shall be severed from any remaining claims and/or remedies and may be brought in a civil court of competent jurisdiction, but the Class Action Waiver shall be enforced in arbitration on an individual basis as to all other Claims or remedies to the fullest extent possible.
(c) Representative PAGA Waiver.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement or the Arbitration Agreement, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (1) you and PaparazzMe agree not to bring a representative action on behalf of others under the Private Attorneys General Act of 2004 (“PAGA”), California Labor Code § 2698 et seq., in any court or in arbitration, and (2) for any claim brought on a private attorney general basis, including under the California PAGA, both you and PaparazzMe agree that any such dispute shall be resolved in arbitration on an individual basis only (i.e., to resolve whether you have personally been aggrieved or subject to any violations of law), and that such an action may not be used to resolve the claims or rights of other individuals in a single or collective proceeding (i.e., to resolve whether other individuals have been aggrieved or subject to any violations of law) (collectively, “representative PAGA Waiver”). Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, the Arbitration Agreement or the AAA Rules, disputes regarding the scope, applicability, enforceability, revocability or validity of this representative PAGA Waiver may be resolved only by a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator. If any provision of this representative PAGA Waiver is found to be unenforceable or unlawful for any reason: (i) the unenforceable provision shall be severed from this Agreement; (ii) severance of the unenforceable provision shall have no impact whatsoever on the Arbitration Agreement or the requirement that any remaining Claims be arbitrated on an individual basis pursuant to the Arbitration Agreement; and (iii) any such representative PAGA or other representative private attorneys general act claims must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration. To the extent that there are any Claims to be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction because a civil court of competent jurisdiction determines that the representative PAGA Waiver is unenforceable with respect to those Claims, the Parties agree that litigation of those Claims shall be stayed pending the outcome of any individual Claims in arbitration.
(d) Rules Governing the Arbitration.
Any arbitration conducted pursuant to this Arbitration Agreement shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) pursuant to its Consumer Arbitration Rules that are in effect at the time the arbitration is initiated, as modified by the terms set forth in this Agreement. Copies of these rules can be obtained at the AAA’s website (www.adr.org) (the “AAA Rules”) or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if requested by you and if proper based on the facts and circumstances of the Claims presented, the arbitrator shall have the discretion to select a different set of AAA Rules, but in no event shall the arbitrator consolidate more than one person’s Claims, or otherwise preside over any form of representative, collective, or class proceeding. The parties may select a different arbitration administrator upon mutual written agreement.
As part of the arbitration, both you and PaparazzMe will have the opportunity for reasonable discovery of non-privileged information that is relevant to the Claim. The arbitrator may award any individualized remedies that would be available in court. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claims. The arbitrator will provide a reasoned written statement of the arbitrator’s decision which shall explain the award given and the findings and conclusions on which the decision is based.
The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with applicable law, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving different Users or Paparazzi, but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving the same User or Paparazzo to the extent required by applicable law. The arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof, provided that any award may be challenged in a court of competent jurisdiction.
(e) Arbitration Fees and Awards.
The payment of filing and arbitration fees will be governed by the relevant AAA Rules subject to the following modifications:
- If PaparazzMe initiates arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, PaparazzMe will pay all AAA filing and arbitration fees.
- With respect to any Claims brought by PaparazzMe against a Paparazzo, or for Claims brought by a Paparazzo against PaparazzMe that: (A) are based on an alleged employment relationship between PaparazzMe and a Paparazzo; (B) arise out of, or relate to, PaparazzMe’s actual deactivation of a Paparazzo’s User account or a threat by PaparazzMe to deactivate a Paparazzo’s User account; (C) arise out of, or relate to, PaparazzMe’s actual termination of a Paparazzo’s Agreement with PaparazzMe under the termination provisions of this Agreement, or a threat by PaparazzMe to terminate a Paparazzo’s Agreement; (D) arise out of, or relate to, Fees (as defined in this Agreement, including PaparazzMe’s commission or fees on the Fees), tips, or average hourly guarantees owed by PaparazzMe to Paparazzi for Photography Services, other than disputes relating to referral bonuses, other PaparazzMe promotions, or consumer-type disputes, or (E) arise out of or relate to background checks performed in connection with a user seeking to become a Paparazzo (the subset of Claims in subsections (A)-(E) shall be collectively referred to as “Paparazzo Claims”), PaparazzMe shall pay all costs unique to arbitration (as compared to the costs of adjudicating the same claims before a court), including the regular and customary arbitration fees and expenses (to the extent not paid by PaparazzMe pursuant to the fee provisions above). However, if you are the party initiating the Paparazzo Claim, you shall be responsible for contributing up to an amount equal to the filing fee that would be paid to initiate the claim in the court of general jurisdiction in the state in which you provide Photography Services to Users, unless a lower fee amount would be owed by you pursuant to the AAA Rules, applicable law, or subsection (e)(1) above. Any dispute as to whether a cost is unique to arbitration shall be resolved by the arbitrator. For purposes of this Section 17(e)(3), the term “Paparazzo” shall be deemed to include both Paparazzi and Paparazzo applicants who have not been approved to drive.
- Except as provided in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 68 or any state equivalents, each party shall pay its own attorneys’ fees and pay any costs that are not unique to the arbitration (i.e., costs that each party would incur if the claim(s) were litigated in a court such as costs to subpoena witnesses and/or documents, take depositions and purchase deposition transcripts, copy documents, etc.).
- At the end of any arbitration, the arbitrator may award reasonable fees and costs or any portion thereof to you if you prevail, to the extent authorized by applicable law.
- Although under some laws PaparazzMe may have a right to an award of attorneys’ fees and non-filing fee expenses if it prevails in an arbitration, PaparazzMe agrees that it will not seek such an award unless you are represented by an attorney or the arbitrator has determined that the claim is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards of Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)).
- If the arbitrator issues you an award that is greater than the value of PaparazzMe’s last written settlement offer made after you participated in good faith in the optional Negotiation process described in subsection (k) below, then PaparazzMe will pay you the amount of the award or U.S. $1,000, whichever is greater.
(f) Location and Manner of Arbitration.
Unless you and PaparazzMe agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings between PaparazzMe and a User will take place in the county of your billing address, and any arbitration hearings between PaparazzMe and a Paparazzo will take place in the county in which the Paparazzo provides Photography Services. If AAA arbitration is unavailable in your county, the arbitration hearings will take place in the nearest available location for a AAA arbitration. Your right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules.
(g) Exceptions to Arbitration.
This Arbitration Agreement shall not require arbitration of the following types of claims: (1) small claims actions brought on an individual basis that are within the scope of such small claims court’s jurisdiction; (2) a representative action brought on behalf of others under PAGA or other private attorneys general acts, to the extent the representative PAGA Waiver in Section 17(c) of such action is deemed unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction under applicable law not preempted by the FAA; (3) claims for workers’ compensation, state disability insurance and unemployment insurance benefits; (4) claims that may not be subject to arbitration as a matter of generally applicable law not preempted by the FAA; and (5) individual claims of sexual assault or sexual harassment in connection with the use of the PaparazzMe Platform or Photography Services. Where these claims are brought in a court of competent jurisdiction, PaparazzMe will not require arbitration of those claims. PaparazzMe‘s agreement not to require arbitration of these claims does not waive the enforceability of any other provision of this Arbitration Agreement (including without limitation the waivers provided in Section 17(b)), or of the enforceability of this Arbitration Agreement as to any other dispute, claim, or controversy.
Nothing in this Arbitration Agreement prevents you from making a report to or filing a claim or charge with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, U.S. Department of Labor, Securities Exchange Commission, National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”), or Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, or similar local, state or federal agency, and nothing in this Arbitration Agreement shall be deemed to preclude or excuse a party from bringing an administrative claim before any agency in order to fulfill the party’s obligation to exhaust administrative remedies before making a claim in arbitration However, should you bring an administrative claim, you may only seek or recover money damages of any type pursuant to this Arbitration Provision, and you knowingly and voluntarily waive the right to seek or recover money damages of any type pursuant to any administrative complaint, except for a complaint issued by the NLRB. Should you participate in an NLRB proceeding, you may only recover money damages if such recovery does not arise from or relate to a claim previously adjudicated under this Arbitration Provision or settled by you. Similarly, you may not recover money damages under this Arbitration Provision if you have already adjudicated such claim with the NLRB. Nothing in this Agreement or Arbitration Agreement prevents your participation in an investigation by a government agency of any report, claim or charge otherwise covered by this Arbitration Provision.
In addition to the severability provisions in subsections (b) and (c) above, in the event that any portion of this Arbitration Agreement is deemed illegal or unenforceable under applicable law not preempted by the FAA, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement shall be given full force and effect.
(i) Paparazzo Claims in Pending Settlement.
If you are a member of a putative class in a lawsuit against PaparazzMe involving Paparazzo Claims and a Motion for Preliminary Approval of a Settlement has been filed with the court in that lawsuit prior to this Agreement’s effective date (a “Pending Settlement Action”), then this Arbitration Agreement shall not apply to your Paparazzo Claims in that particular class action. Instead, your Paparazzo Claims in that Pending Settlement Action shall continue to be governed by the arbitration provisions contained in the applicable Agreement that you accepted prior to this Agreement’s effective date.
(j) Opting Out of Arbitration for Paparazzo Claims That Are Not In a Pending Settlement Action.
As a Paparazzo or Paparazzo applicant, you may opt out of the requirement to arbitrate Paparazzo Claims defined in Section 17(e)(3) (except as limited by Section 17(i) above) pursuant to the terms of this subsection if you have not previously agreed to an arbitration provision in PaparazzMe’s Terms of Service where you had the opportunity to opt out of the requirement to arbitrate. If you have previously agreed to such an arbitration provision, you may opt out of any revisions to your prior arbitration agreement made by this provision in the manner specified below, but opting out of this arbitration provision has no effect on any previous, other, or future arbitration agreements that you may have with PaparazzMe. If you have not previously agreed to such an arbitration provision and do not wish to be subject to this Arbitration Agreement with respect to Paparazzo Claims, you may opt out of arbitration with respect to such Paparazzo Claims, other than those in a Pending Settlement Action, by notifying PaparazzMe in writing of your desire to opt out of arbitration for such Paparazzo Claims, which writing must be dated, signed and delivered by electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cases have been filed against PaparazzMe and may be filed in the future involving Paparazzo Claims. You should assume that there are now, and may be in the future, lawsuits against PaparazzMe alleging class, collective, and/or representative Paparazzo Claims in which the plaintiffs seek to act on your behalf, and which, if successful, could result in some monetary recovery to you. But if you do agree to arbitration of Paparazzo Claims with PaparazzMe under this Arbitration Agreement, you are agreeing in advance that you will bring all such claims, and seek all monetary and other relief, against PaparazzMe in an individual arbitration, except for the Paparazzo Claims that are part of a Pending Settlement Action. You are also agreeing in advance that you will not participate in, or seek to recover monetary or other relief, for such claims in any court action or class, collective, and/or representative action. You have the right to consult with counsel of your choice concerning this Arbitration Agreement and you will not be subject to retaliation if you exercise your right to assert claims or opt- out of any Paparazzo Claims under this Arbitration Agreement.
(k) Optional Pre-Arbitration Negotiation Process.
Before initiating any arbitration or proceeding, you and PaparazzMe may agree to first attempt to negotiate any dispute, claim or controversy between the parties informally for 30 days, unless this time period is mutually extended by you and PaparazzMe. A party who intends to seek negotiation under this subsection must first send to the other a written notice of the dispute (“Notice”). The Notice must (1) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (2) set forth the specific relief sought. All offers, promises, conduct and statements, whether oral or written, made in the course of the negotiation by any of the parties, their agents, employees, and attorneys are confidential, privileged and inadmissible for any purpose, including as evidence of liability or for impeachment, in arbitration or other proceeding involving the parties, provided that evidence that is otherwise admissible or discoverable shall not be rendered inadmissible or non-discoverable as a result of its use in the negotiation.
You agree not to use any technical, financial, strategic and other proprietary and confidential information relating to PaparazzMe’s business, operations and properties, information about a User made available to you in connection with such User’s use of the Platform, which may include the User’s name, pick-up location, contact information and photo (“Confidential Information”) disclosed to you by PaparazzMe for your own use or for any purpose other than as contemplated herein. You shall not disclose or permit disclosure of any Confidential Information to third parties, and you agree not to store separate and outside of the PaparazzMe Platform any User Information obtained from the PaparazzMe Platform. As a Paparazzo, you understand that some of User Information you receive may be protected by federal and/or state confidentiality laws, such as the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), governing the privacy and security of protected (patient) health information. In the event that you know a User, you should not disclose to anyone the identity of the User or the location that you picked up, or dropped of the User as this could violate HIPAA. You understand that any violation of the Agreement’s confidentiality provisions may violate HIPAA or state confidentiality laws and could result in civil or criminal penalties against you. You agree to take all reasonable measures to protect the secrecy of and avoid disclosure or use of Confidential Information of PaparazzMe in order to prevent it from falling into the public domain. Notwithstanding the above, you shall not have liability to PaparazzMe with regard to any Confidential Information which you can prove: was in the public domain at the time it was disclosed by PaparazzMe or has entered the public domain through no fault of yours; was known to you, without restriction, at the time of disclosure, as demonstrated by files in existence at the time of disclosure; is disclosed with the prior written approval of PaparazzMe; becomes known to you, without restriction, from a source other than PaparazzMe without breach of this Agreement by you and otherwise not in violation of PaparazzMe’s rights; or is disclosed pursuant to the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency, or other governmental body; provided, however, that You shall provide prompt notice of such court order or requirement to PaparazzMe to enable PaparazzMe to seek a protective order or otherwise prevent or restrict such disclosure.
Relationship with PaparazzMe
As a Paparazzo on the PaparazzMe Platform, you acknowledge and agree that you and PaparazzMe are in a direct business relationship, and the relationship between the parties under this Agreement is solely that of independent contracting parties. You and PaparazzMe expressly agree that (1) this is not an employment agreement and does not create an employment relationship between you and PaparazzMe; and (2) no joint venture, franchisor- franchisee, partnership, or agency relationship is intended or created by this Agreement. You have no authority to bind PaparazzMe, and you undertake not to hold yourself out as an employee, agent or authorized representative of PaparazzMe.
PaparazzMe does not, and shall not be deemed to, direct or control you generally or in your performance under this Agreement specifically, including in connection with your provision of Photography Services, your acts or omissions, or your operation and maintenance of your vehicle. You retain the sole right to determine when, where, and for how long you will utilize the PaparazzMe Platform. You retain the option to accept or to decline or ignore a User’s request for Photography Services via the PaparazzMe Platform, or to cancel an accepted request for Photography Services via the PaparazzMe Platform, subject to PaparazzMe’s then-current cancellation policies. With the exception of any signage required by law or permit/license rules or requirements, PaparazzMe shall have no right to require you to wear a uniform or any other clothing displaying PaparazzMe’s names, logos or colors. You acknowledge and agree that you have complete discretion to provide Photography Services or otherwise engage in other business or employment activities.
In addition to connecting Users with Paparazzi, the PaparazzMe Platform may enable Users to provide or receive services from other third parties. For example, Users may be able to use the PaparazzMe Platform to plan and reserve shoots, take a shoot in a location provided by a third party, rent camera equipment, or obtain financial services provided by third parties (collectively, the “Other Services”). You understand and that the Other Services are subject to the terms and pricing of the third-party provider. If you choose to purchase Other Services through the PaparazzMe Platform, you authorize PaparazzMe to charge your payment method on file according to the pricing terms set by the third-party provider. You agree that PaparazzMe is not responsible and may not be held liable for the Other Services or the actions or omissions of the third-party provider. Such Other Services may not be investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Other Services accessed through the PaparazzMe Platform.
Except as provided in Section 17, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Virginia without regard to choice of law principles. This choice of law provision is only intended to specify the use of Virginia law to interpret this Agreement and is not intended to create any other substantive right to non-Virginians to assert claims under Virginia law whether by statute, common law, or otherwise. If any provision of this Agreement is or becomes invalid or non- binding, the parties shall remain bound by all other provisions of this Agreement. In that event, the parties shall replace the invalid or non-binding provision with provisions that are valid and binding and that have, to the greatest extent possible, a similar effect as the invalid or non-binding provision, given the contents and purpose of this Agreement. You agree that this Agreement and all incorporated agreements may be automatically assigned by PaparazzMe, in our sole discretion by providing notice to you. Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices to PaparazzMe shall be given by certified mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested to PaparazzMe, Corp., 106 Tolocka Terrace Northeast, Leesburg, VA 20176. Any notices to you shall be provided to you through the PaparazzMe Platform or given to you via the email address or physical you provide to PaparazzMe during the registration process. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section. The words “include”, “includes” and “including” are deemed to be followed by the words “without limitation”. A party’s failure to act with respect to a breach by the other party does not constitute a waiver of the party’s right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and PaparazzMe with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all previous understandings and agreements between the parties, whether oral or written.
If you have any questions regarding the PaparazzMe Platform or Photography Services, please contact us.